Antifoam 25 Ltr
Mechanism of foam breakage by a defoamer. This inolves spreading of an water-insoluble surfacatant on the bubble surfaces.
RXSOL-16-2066-025 is antifoam emulsion and its more concentrated antifoam emulsion. It has excellent candidates for controlling foam in amine and glycol dehydration units. This is suitable products for gas plants and have excellent stability in the presence of salts, resulting in reduced deposits on the plant’s equipment. RXSOL-16-2066-025 help preserve foam control under the severe conditions of a dehydrating unit. These conditions can remove water from other antifoam emulsions, rendering them immediately inactive.
This antifoam compound are targeted for gas recovery plants, where natural gas must be washed, or scrubbed, before distribution, and for liquefied natural gas (LNG) plants that must achieve high gas purity before liquefaction.
In many amine units, foam can be problematic. Proper line control without antifoam is, generally, extremely difficult.
General-purpose antifoams have a wide range of applicability, but not all of them are suitable for use in the treatment of gas. Some foam control agents can aggravate the problem. Foam control in gas scrubbers is only one of the process parameters to be monitored. It is equally important to prevent or slow the fouling of the unit, because dismantling of the gas-scrubbing units is manually intensive. Incorrectly specified antifoams can easily lead to increased fouling and clogging, particularly in the heat exchangers. Momentive Performance Materials RXSOL antifoams are designed to provide foam control with a minimum of such problems.
|Emulsion: Silicone Antifoam Emulsion RXSOL-16-2066-025|
|Chemical Nature||Emulsion of a silicone antifoam compound|
|Appearance||White, homogeneous, slightly viscous liquid|
Viscosity at 25°C, cSt
|Active Ingredients, %||10|
|Specific Gravity at 25°/25°C||1|
|Suitable Diluents||Water only|
Key Features and Benefits
- Quick foam knockdown - particularly useful when foam suddenly builds up in the absorber and rapid control is needed.
- Excellent antifoarn stability and durability - over a period of time the concentration of salts in an amine or glycol dehydration unit can reach high levels. RXSOL-16-2066-025 antifoam emulsion and its more concentrated version, are easily dispersed in water and are compatible with glycols, they do not allow the presence of these glycols to easily remove water from their state of emulsion, thus remaining effective for a longer period.
- Excellent stability at high temperatures - because of their excellent dispersibility. RXSOL-16-2066-025 antifoam emulsion do not show a propensity to deposit on heat exchangers as many other antifoams tend to. Instead, they remain finely dispersed in the amine or glycol solution and are eventually filtered out.
- Easy dilution and use - simple addition of water and minimum agitation is sufficient to dilute RXSOL-16-2066-025 antifoam emulsion to required concentrations. Pumping of the diluted emulsions is easy, due to their low viscosity.
- Reduced clogging or scaling in the heat exchangers - potentially resulting in less service maintenance.
- Low concentrations can provide effective foam control - RXSOL-16-2066-025 antifoam emulsion and often two to three times more effective than other antifoams used in gas treating units.
Product Safety, Handling and Storage
Customers should review the latest Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) and label for product safety information, safe handling instructions, personal protective equipment if necessary, and any special storage conditions required for safety. MSDS are available at www.rxmarine.com or, upon request, from any RX MARINE INTERNATIONAL representative. For product storage and handling procedures to maintain the product quality within our stated specifications, please review Certificates of Analysis, which are available in the Order Center.